Saturday, October 10, 2009

Time to Wake Up!

I had a rough start to my day today. I slept pretty decent for being 38 weeks pregnant. My alarm went off and I, as I always do, hit snooze a few too many times. Although today I fell back into a deep sleep. I rolled over and looked at the clock at 6:30...and quickly jumped out of bed. Considering I usually leave my house at 6:15 for work you can imagine I was not thrilled. I put on scrubs, grabbed my make up and a brush, brushed my teeth and was out the door but 6:36. I drove slightly fast to work. Luckily it was Saturday and there was little traffic on the road and I am able to park in our parking garrage instead of off site and catching a bus to work. So I arrived in the parking garrage at at 6:55, brushed my hair and put it in a ponytail in the elevator and headed up to my unit. I clocked in at 6:59 and was getting report on my babies by 7:05...pretty amazing.

I finally made it to the bathroom around 10 and put on my make up and touched up my very messy hair.

Now it is after lunch and my day is calm. I am half way done with work and looking forward to going home and resting tonight and tomorrow. We also plan to go get pumpkins and mums tomorrow to decorate our front porch and I am so excited. I love fall and now that all my fall decorations are out inside my house it is just the outside that is left. Although when you go outside it feels much more like winter than fall....what happened to the nice fall weather? I heard something about snow tomorrow and I am praying that will not actually happen.

Anyway I am doing good, feeling great and enjoying the little time we have left as a family of two.

3 comments:

  1. Not the best way to start the day !! I am sure you were pretty tired. The cold weather makes it harder to get out of bed. Glad you made it to work safely and sounds like you are having a pretty good day. We are all getting pretty excited and have a lot of people praying for a safe and sound arrival for little Landon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...waking up late is the worst feeling! How great will it be to be on maternity leave and not have to worry about work whatsoever?!! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley its so exciting to watch your blog and I am so glad all is well! I just wanted to let you know your new nursery pics are up and posted for the contest on our facebook page! Praying for you!- Jenn

    ReplyDelete