Saturday, October 24, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sorry I did not get posted yesterday but it turned into a pretty long day. It started off with the nurse starting the Pitocin drip at 6:00 and by 6:45 Landon was not tolerating it. He dropped his heart rate into the 50's and my hospital room suddenly became chaos. Within a minute there were several people in the room and I was rushed to the OR for an emergency c-section. They also gave me a shot to stop the contractions and when the contractions stopped Landon's heart rate recovered to normal. So since Landon's HR was back to normal and he was doing good we waited for Dr. Capelli to get there. He was there within about 10 minutes and he decided to go ahead and do the C-section. Anesthesia came in and tried to do a spinal block, after two tries he said he would not be able to do it because of my scar tissue. So at that point the decision was made that I had to be put under general. It was sad to me that I would be asleep and miss Landon's delivery but it made me really sad to know that Stephen could not be in the room at all. They took him out and put him in a room by himself while they prepped me and I was so scared.

The next thing I remember is waking up in the recovery room and asking to see my baby. They brought Landon in and I was able to hold him. I feel like it was several hours before I felt with it and was able to enjoy my son!

But now that it is all over and we have our perfect baby boy with us, how he came into this world does not matter.

In the end our perfect 6 LBS 13 Oz 18 inch boy is here.

Here are a few pictures from the first day!


This is a picture the nurse took for us since Stephen could not be there right away and I was asleep...It was so nice of them to do that.


getting cleaned up


Cousin Tyler


Uncle Travis


Daddy!


Baba

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...I have been checking like every 15 minutes for pics. He is so beautiful and perfect!!! My heart is so swollen with happiness for you :) What a blessing...I am glad he is OK, you are OK and it's game on for total baby love!!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, again! I love the pictures. I'm sorry things didn't go has you'd hoped, but you are so right -- once they are here nothing else matters. We wish you, Stephen and Landon an absolutely perfect week of bonding, learning and maybe a little bit of sleeping! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley,
    Landon is as cute as I imagined he would be, but I still can't wait to meet him in person. In the end I know you are all just so relieved that everyone is happy and healthy! Can't wait to come visit you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete