Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Furniture and Baby Kicks

We had another productive day. Stephen and I went to pick up our furniture at USA Baby and we also picked out and ordered a glider/recliner for the nursery. Stephen thinks it the best thing in the world and that he can sleep in the nursery. So I guess that means he is offering to get up in the middle of the night with the baby...we will see when the time comes. Anyway we brought all of our furniture home and for now it is in boxes but as soon as the room is painted we will start putting it all together. I cant wait to see it all in the room. My parents bought all our furniture for his room and we are so fortunate. Thanks Mom and Dad for the beautiful furniture!

Stephen finished all the wainscoting so now it is on to caulking and painting and maybe by the beginning of July we will have it painted. Stephens parents purchased all of our bedding and other things for our nursery for us and we ordered them on Saturday. I am so excited to see the bedding in person instead of just online.

We have been so fortunate and lucky that our parents are so generous and want to help is so much. We hope they all know how much we love and appreciate it.

So maybe by next week I will have the bedding and be able to get it all washed up and ready to go on the crib when it gets put together. Our goal is to have the nursery set up by the end of July so Aug and Sept we wont have to worry about it and we can focus on our showers and everything else we need to do to get ready. When you work where I work I think you find that you should always be prepared early because you never know what will happen.

Also on Monday night Stephen was able to feel the baby move for the first time and that was the greatest feeling. I have been trying for several weeks to get him to feel it but he can never feel anything. So Monday I said "put your hand here and just relax" and then all the sudden he went "wow was that it, oh my gosh I can definitely feel that, he kicked hard" It was so cool to share that with him.

I am so thankful for everything I have been blessed with and we will continue to thank God everyday for all that we have.

Well we are off to the lake this weekend with our friends and we are both very excited. I will post all about it when we get back.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley! I just stumbled upon your blog here at work! It's so cute! And I'm SO EXCITED you are having a boy!!!! Congrats and God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete