Sunday, May 3, 2009

March for Babies

Stephen and I had a great weekend! Saturday we were able to go to Ellie (our niece) and Tyler (our nephew's) soccer games and it was so much fun to see them having fun. They are only 4 years old and at that age it is so fun to watch them play sports. Then we went to Mallory's (our niece) first communion and to her party afterward.

Today was the annual March for Babies walk in downtown KC. It is always so much fun to see all the families that come and participate. There were thousands of people there that have been affected by prematurity. I was able to see several children that I took care of in the last two years at Mercy. It is so neat to see children thriving that were so small and so sick at one time. I also had the oppertunity to see and talk to a family that hold a special place in my heart. A little over a year ago I took care of twin boys that were very early and very small. These little boys were so sick that their parents made a tough decision to let them go to heaven instead of suffering any longer. I was working that night and was able to help them peacfully say goodbye. Today it was so nice to see them there walking and remembering their two sons. They were very greatful for what I do and it and it made me realize how important my job is and how happy I am that I am able to help families like this everydayt.

Stephen and I brought Tucker and Tanner to the walk with us and they had so much fun seeing all the people. It is exciting for both of us to know that next year when we walk we will have our baby here with us. Mom, we decided that next year you will have to come too. We can handle the dogs but the dogs and a baby might be questonable.

I am feeling good and getting bigger, it gets more real everyday. Hope all is well with everyone and will write again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your walk was rewarding. You are fantastic at what you do and I am glad you feel the appreciation, because I know you are greatly appreciated. Of course I would love to help next year.
    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete