Monday, April 20, 2009

What a beautiful heartbeat!

Well I had a great day. First I met a good friend for lunch. Lindsey was one of my nursing professors at Jewell and she has influenced my life in so many ways. She is the strongest most amazing women I known and I am so lucky to be able to call her a friend. We had a great lunch and visit. It was also a benefit that I was feeling well enough to be able to enjoy a good meal.
After lunch I went to my doctors’ appointment where I was able to hear the heartbeat. It was so surreal to hear this little heartbeat and know there is a life growing inside of me. Since I am still not showing much and things still seem unreal at times it was great to have that moment. Now that I am nearing the beginning of my second trimester and things look good thus far there is some relief lifted from our shoulders. Stephen and I could not be more excited to continue this journey and bring our new baby into this world. My next Doctors appointment is in 4 weeks and then soon after that I will have my sonogram to see if it is a boy of girl that we are falling in love with.
Today also marked the first day in the last several weeks that I was able to cook dinner. Stephen was pleasantly surprised that I made pork loin, green beans, rice and applesauce. I must say it was very nice to be able to start to do normal things without feeling sick. Well I will post a belly pic soon but I must say not much has changed.

1 comment:

  1. It was great seeing you for lunch, too. You look great and I share in our excitement about hearing the baby's heartbeat. It's amazing!

    Our prayers are with you. Glad you're having some good days now.

    Love, Lindsey

    ReplyDelete